Saturday, March 31, 2012

A good morning

Hoarder and I had a good conversation this morning about clearing out Destroyers bedroom.  It still needs a lot of work, but there is a clear-ish path from front to back and most of the piles are visible from any accessible point in the room.  She seems really committed to pulling his room together and I pulled back from my rage spiral enough to address my thoughts in as non-accusing a way that I know how.  She interpreted what I had to say more or less how I intended it and the conversation went well.

I visited a couple of other hoarding blogs and sites yesterday and I think writing this and reading those are helping me to stay calm and be more understanding of her plight, at least in this short term.  Hopefully it will help both of us long term.  It was nice to have a conversation about purging and not have it turn into a yell-fest. 

On a more tangible note, a pair of boxes of old dishes went out today, as well as a handful of board games.  Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment