Friday, March 30, 2012

What gives me hope!!!

Last summer I liberated my garage of about half the junk that was out there in an attempt to be able to use some tools and build something.  IT... WAS... AMAZING. 

I cleared out a space of maybe one hundred fifty square feet.  That small space was like a little patch of heaven I could go to and accomplish something without looping into a hoarder rage spiral.  I put together a couple of poorly constructed planters, built a speaker box, fixed a friend's guitar amp, worked on about 5 or 6 electronics projects.  I was in heaven.  I almost didn't even need to go inside the house because the dusty, ugly garage had become such a beautiful place.  Prior to last summer I had a 8X6 foot space in the garage to call my own.  It was like working in a cubicle, except I had the hypnotizing hum of a clothes dryer on the opposite wall of my cube. Cramped and noisy...YES!!!


It wasn't easy for my wife to stay out of the way, but she did.  It caused a bunch of fights and she has some resentment about some of the things I got rid of, but I was up front about what I was doing and the results are still evident.  Just typing about it makes me PUMPED!!!  She has moved a little bit in Destroyers room, but at this rate it will be June by the time it's done (assuming there is no regression).  Still, any progress is progress and I do have hope.  Hope is what keeps me engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment