Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hey, I figured it out.

A few weeks ago I was guided to the hilarious blog Hyperbole and a Half via a sports message board.  I shared some of the hilarity with my kids.  My eldest daughter started asking questions about getting one started up and I built this fine piece of web genius to show her.  Now that I've had a night to mill over what it is I could say that might have ANY bearing on anyone's life but my own, I've figured out what to write about.

I'll include small political and social rants as well as some amusing (to me) observations I make, but the bulk of this blog will be about the struggles of being a hoarder's spouse.  There is alot I have to say about the subject and since I've ranted to just about every co-worker I've spent more than two days around, I'll just give it up to the whole world now as well (or at least the two or three that stumble onto this).  I intend on keeping this blog largely anonymous, but I'll introduce you to the main players (and how I will reference them) now.

Hoarder: my wife. and principle subject of love, disdain, and rage in this blog.

Eldest: my oldest daughter of 12.  Her interests include fashion, music I hate, and causing fights with her sister.

Middle: my younger daughter of 7.  Her interests include art, invasion of personal space, and causing fights with her sister.

Destroyer of things (aka Youngest): my son of 3. His interests include watching Diego, figuring out how to use the computer to hack the CIA while not yet learning to read, and destroying things.

Momma Hoarder: my mother in law.  The influence of my hoarder and the lone support to Hoarders belief that hoarding is a sustainable lifestyle.

Me:  The king of awesome.  You know it's true because I said it.  (It may come out later that this isn't 100% true :( ) 

That's about it to start.  I hope to make this somewhat amusing and cathartic, but that could all go south in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment